fredag 28 oktober 2022

En Joyce-text, del 3

 

Enter Luck Molligan

Luck: Well, the sea, the ocean, the blue horizons, we´ve always liked to go there, I suppose. Or do you want an analysis, I mean of that text?

Narrator: If you would like to, yes.
Luck: With a little help from my friends, then.

Enter Penny Hope and Sissy Carefree.
Narrator: I leave you to it. Exits.

Penny: Ulysses is wow, but what can I say? I´m not Anthony Burgess. But I liked the part with the hand. Like a wind caressing my cheek.

Luck: Don´t be cheeky. Every time I say Ulysses, it sounds like “useless”. But that´s me. Exits.

 

Sissy
: Makes one think, Penny. Merely a day are you and I. It´s a butterfly book.

Penny: Du bist ein Schmetterling longing to Ireland from a beach in Paris. On the left side.

Sissy: The father and the son and the lonely boy left to perish on a beach.

Penny: There´s a lot of searching for a father in the book. And Shakespeare. His father was John, you know.

Sissy: Yes. Shakespeare´s father, too. John the glover. I glove you dearly, my son.

Penny: And Hamlet´s father? When he saw him he was flabbergasted.

Sissy: Flabberghosted. Can´t look you in the eye. Or feel ya.

Penny (absentmindedly): No, that was his sweetheart.

Sissy: Molly, you mean? Or Gertie MacDowell?

Penny: Gertrud? No, that´s his mother. And the brother of his father married his mother and became his stepfather. Claude the lord.

Sissy: All fathers are flawed. And sons, too. As all fathers are sons.

Penny: Shakespeare was a twin father. With twin plays. Always liked to place a play inside his plays.

Enter Luck Molligan.

Luck: Shakespeare? Hmm, seem to know the name. A bookstore somewhere?

Penny: Well, we´ve always got Paris. Exits.

/forts i del 4

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar